USFantasy Official Scoring and Calculations Rules
In each contest, athletes open the event with a projection of their fantasy point according to our scoring rules, based on their previous in-game performances. A contestant can easily compare all the listed athletes’ projections in the competitive contest field. Once a contest begins, the fantasy points awarded to each athlete are determined by the rules for that particular sport, and are updated in real time on the mobile app and website. At the conclusion of the contest, the athlete with the most USFantasy points is declared the winner. The amount of entry fees placed on an athlete determines the final prize payout.
USFantasy Sports (USF) offers contests for multiple professional sports, generally taking place on a single day, week, or another predetermined time period. Each sport has its own unique scoring system described in detail in subsequent sections listed below.
If a contest athlete is declared inactive, or does not appear in the contest’s scheduled event(s) due to injury, weather cancellation, trade, coach’s decision, demotion, or for any other reason, that athlete will be “scratched” from the contest and entry fees on the athlete will be refunded. You cannot lose if your athlete doesn’t play!
If athletes tie in their performance scores, a tiebreaker will be used to determine the winner. If the athletes’ performance scores remain tied after employing the tiebreaker, the pool will be divided as described below in Common Prize Pool Calculations.
When a contest is limited by athletes of a particular position, e.g., Receivers, the athletes will be assigned to the position they play most often. This is determined at the sole discretion of USF.
FINAL PRIZE VALUE DETERMINATION FOR ATHLETES
An athlete’s final prize value is determined by the entire prize pool and how those dollars are spread throughout the available athletes in the contest. The winner’s prize shall be determined by dividing the net profit prize pool by the gross amount entered on the winning athlete or athlete combination. The final prize values will be reflected along with pool totals on both the USF mobile app and website. Please see Common Prize Pool Calculations for further details.
A list of athletes for each contest and date may be obtained by writing to: USFantasy Sports: Attn: General Manager 107 East Warm Springs Road, Las Vegas, NV 89119. Inquiries can also be made on the “Contact Us” page of our website at www.usfsports.us.
Contests will close at the scheduled game time, or before the start of the first game included in the contest.
Entries made through mobile accounts are not be eligible for cancellation.
All contests will run without a minimum entry or prize pool guarantee. All contest prize amounts are posted as contests are closed.
RESULTS & PAYOUTS
USF will wait until final box scores of USF’s sports data supplier as well as an additional independent source has been reported for each contest's games in order to verify the final results. Our statistics providers may occasionally revise final box scores correcting statistics published during live games. In those cases, results will be based on final box scores, posted shortly after live game conclusions. If revisions are made after the final box scores are published, USF scoring will not be reversed or changed. Contests will not be based on performances where relevant statistical information on the corresponding sporting events is not generally available through traditional media sources. After each contest ends, the winning results are published, generally no later than 30 minutes after the final game in a contest is completed.
All disputes will be resolved by the final decision of the USF General Manager.
USF also reserves that right to cancel contests at our discretion, without any restrictions. If inaccurate start times result in contest entry submissions after the start of the sporting event(s), a cancellation may occur because of the potential impact on the integrity of the contest.
If a scheduled game is cancelled, preempted, or postponed beyond the originally scheduled contest date, the selected athletes from those contests will be scratched from the contest and entry fees will be refunded on those athletes as described in Contest Terms.
SUSPENDED OR SHORTENED GAMES
USF uses official statistics of its sports data provider and includes all games that the sports league deems to be official and complete. If the league declares a game "suspended", then the statistics that are generated on the day the game is originally scheduled will be used. Any statistics generated on a later date when the game is completed will not be included due to the deadline nature of our contests.
Athletes involved in any game that is postponed to a day that is not the originally scheduled start date, will not be considered “in play” and entry fees on these athletes will be refunded.
Athletes involved in any game that begins on the originally scheduled date, but is later postponed to a day that is different than the originally scheduled start date will not be considered “in play” and entry fees on these athletes will be refunded.
QUARTERBACKS / RUNNING BACKS / RECEIVERS / TIGHT ENDS
|GAME PLAYS||USFANTASY POINTS|
|PASSING YARDS||1 POINT FOR EACH POSITIVE PASSING YARD|
|RUSHING YARDS||1 POINT FOR EACH POSITIVE PASSING YARD|
|RECEIVING YARDS||1 POINT FOR EACH POSITIVE PASSING YARD|
|PASSING TD||30 POINTS|
|RUSHING TD||30 POINTS|
|RECEIVING TD||30 POINTS|
|OFFENSIVE FUMBLE RECOVERY TD||30 POINTS|
|2 PT. CONVERSION (RUN/PASS/CATCH)||10 POINTS|
|HOME RUN||4 POINTS|
|RUN BATTED IN (RBI)||1 POINT|
|WALK OR HIT BY PITCH (BB)||1 POINT|
|STOLEN BASE (SB)||2 POINTS|
|TIEBREAKER||FEWEST RUNNERS LEFT ON BASE (LOB)|
|EARNED RUN ALLOWED||-2 POINTS (DEDUCTION)|
|TIEBREAKER||MOST # OF STRIKES IN GAME|
|ALL POSITIONS||USFANTASY POINTS|
|GAME POINT||1 POINT|
|TIEBREAKER||FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE|
- All athlete positions are subject to same scoring rules
- Tiebreaker = Shooting percentage of field goals
- Overtimes are included in all calculations
POINT SCORING – GOLF
- Two scoring tables for a combined USF points total as follows:
|10th - 20th||4|
|21st - 30th||3|
|31st - 40th||2|
|41st - 50th||1|
- Tiebreaker: Most combined Eagles & Birdies.
POINT SCORING – NASCAR
- Two scoring tables for a combined USF points total as follows:
|1 - 5 POSITIONS||2|
|6 - 10 POSITIONS||4|
|11 - 15 POSITIONS||6|
|16 - 20 POSITIONS||8|
|21 OR MORE||10|
|START & FINISH IN TOP 5||6|
- No Tiebreak rule for NASCAR
POINT SCORING – HOCKEY
|FORWARDS & DEFENSEMEN||USFANTASY POINTS|
|SHOT ON GOAL (SOG)||1.5 POINTS|
|PLUS/MINUS (+/-)||2.5 POINTS|
- Tiebreaker: Most shots on goal
- Shootouts are NOT included
|GOAL AGAINST||-2.5 POINTS|
- Tiebreaker: Greatest number of saves
- Overtimes are included in scoring
- Shootouts are NOT included in scoring
Common Prize Pool Calculations
USFantasy Sports calculates prizes as follows:
COMPUTATIONS AND PAYOUTS
- The commissions, or take-outs, shall be first deducted from each of the total gross amount of entry fees in each individual contest pool, thereby providing a net prize pool. (See Prize Pool Returns below.)
- The payout amount per winning entry fee dollar shall include the gross dollars entered on the winner. For each gross dollar entered, the winner’s payout shall be determined by dividing the net profit prize pool by the gross amount entered on the winning athlete or athlete combination.
- Payout calculation formula is as
- Total gross dollars of all entry fees x Prize Pool Return Percentage = Net prize pool.
- Net prize pool – Total gross winning entry dollars = Net profit prize pool.
- Net profit prize pool ÷ Total gross winning dollars entered = Profit per winning entry dollar.
- Prize results are posted by USF in $1 base amounts. Therefore, the prize profit per winning entry dollar + $1.00 entry fee = Final prize per $1 entry
- Final prize per $1 entry fee is rounded down to the nearest $.10.
- USF guarantees a minimum prize minimum of $1.05 for each winning $1 entry.
- In the event of a tie, the prize shall be calculated by dividing the Net profit prize pool equally by the number of tied winners, then dividing each of the equally divided Net profit prize pools by each of the winners’ gross winning entry dollars.
Special Exceptions - Pick2
Except as provided below, or in the case of refunds, the prize on a winning Pick2 combination shall be determined below:
1. When no ticket exists combining the winner of both contests, the net pool shall be calculated and distributed as follows under the circumstances enumerated below:
(a) When the winners of both contests have been selected individually, but not selected as a combination, the net prize pool shall be distributed as a two-way tie calculation.
(b) When only one winner of the two contests has been chosen, the net prize pool shall be calculated and paid as a Win pool on the winning entry dollars.
(c) When no winner has been selected for either contest, the entire pool will be refunded.
Payout Special Exceptions – Exact2
1. In case of a tie for first place by two winning athletes, the payout shall be calculated as a two-way tie between the two winning Exact2 combinations.
2. In the case of a tie for second place, the payout shall be calculated as a two-way tie between the two winning Exact2 combinations.
3. When entries have been made on only one of the first two finishers, the net pool shall be distributed as a Win pool to those entries.
4. When no entry exists requiring distribution under any of the foregoing subsections, the entire pool shall be refunded.
Payout Special Exceptions – Exact3
1. The Exact3 requires selection of the first three (3) finishers, in their exact order, for a single contest.
2. When no entry is made covering the third-place finisher, an “ALL” calculation is used. An ALL calculation includes all other athletes in the contest that finished 4th place through last place.
3. When no entry is made covering the second-place finisher, an “ALL” calculation is used. An ALL calculation includes all other athletes in the contest that finished 3rd place through last place.
4. When no ticket is issued covering the first-place finisher, the entire pool will be refunded.
Payout Special Exceptions – Pick3
1. The Pick3 requires selection of the winning athlete in three preselected contests
2. When no entry is made with all three winning athletes, an “ALL” calculation is used in the contests in which no winner was selected. An ALL calculation includes all other athletes in the contest.
Payout Special Exceptions for Matchup Contests – WIN Pool
1. When one or both athletes in a Matchup contest is scratched, the entire WIN Pool will be refunded.
Payout Special Exceptions for Matchup Contests– Pick2 through Pick6
1. The Pick2/Pick3/Pick4/Pick5/Pick6 requires the selection of the winning athlete in preselected contests
2. When no entry is made with all winning athletes, an “ALL” calculation is used in the contests in which no winner was selected. An ALL calculation includes all other athletes in the contest.
3. When an athlete is scratched from a Matchup contest, all selections on the scratched athlete will be assigned to the other athlete in the contest.
MATCHUP CARDS – PRIZE POOL RETURN
|POOL||PRIZE POOL RETURN PERCENT|
|PICK3 - PICK6||88.00%|
REGULAR MENU – PRIZE POOL RETURN
|POOL||PRIZE POOL RETURN PERCENT|
|PICK3 - PICK6||88.0%|